Healthcare entities and social services providers are increasingly recognizing the importance of partnerships among historically siloed sectors to address health-related social needs (HRSNs). While the number of community-based organizations (CBOs) and community care hubs (CCHs) pursuing contracting relationships with healthcare organizations is increasing, CBOs and CCHs can experience challenges entering into contracting arrangements with the healthcare sector.
Check out the Partnership’s online events, Contracting to Align Health and Social Care Ecosystems: A Webinar Series Sharing Leading Practices. Each webinar is intended to address essential elements of contracting between health care and community partners and feature leading practices from the field and highlight key findings from a four-part toolkit, Healthcare Guide to Contracting with CBOs, developed with extensive input from CBOs, health plans, and health systems.
While these resources were developed for a healthcare audience, CBOs, CCHs, and other health and social care ecosystem stakeholders will benefit from understanding how healthcare organizations approach the contracting process. Also included in this series is a webinar featuring the first resource in the toolkit, Partnerships with Community-Based Organizations: Opportunities for Health Plans to Create Value
Webinars in this series include:
- Designing the Payment Structure: A Health Plan’s Guide to Paying CBOs & CCHs for Social Care – October 10, 2023 @ 2:00-3:00 p.m. ET
- Defining Core Activities: Developing an Effective Scope of Work for Contracted Partners – November 14, 2023 @ Noon-1:00 p.m. ET
- Operationalizing Contracts: Improving Contracting Implementation and Collaboration – December 12, 2023 @ Noon-1:00 p.m. ET
- Natasha Dravid, Senior Director, Camden Coalition
- Stephanie Orlando, COO, Western New York Independent Living Center, Inc.
- Nikki Kmicinski, Executive Director, Western New York Integrated Care Collaborative, Inc.
- Dawn Odrzywolski, VP Medicare Programs, Independent Health
Registrants will gain:
- Guidance on designing a payment structure/model that aligns contracting parties around shared goals and produces value for each party (Oct. 10 @ 2 ET);
- Recommendations on how to develop an effective Scope of Work, based on insights from healthcare organizations and CBOs with extensive cross-sector contracting experience (Nov. 14 @ Noon ET);
- Insight on how payers can improve collaboration with CBOs and strategies to anticipate, avoid, and respond to common challenges that arise when CBOs, CCHs, and payers set out to work together (Dec. 12 @ Noon ET); and
- Perspective from CBO and healthcare leaders highlighting leading practices from community and health care partners that have effectively contracted to address HRSNs for multiple populations.
All registrants will receive access to all three webinars and the recordings and follow-up resources.